Friday, April 1, 2011

Dredging up some mental detritus

I don't mean to sound so full of myself, but by this time next year I'm pretty sure I will have attained a modicum of recognition within some indie rock circles. I now know so much more about the way of things than I did several years ago, and objectively, this Rosalind Franklin comic book and album will be noteworthy and accomplished enough that it's difficult to imagine the outcome being anything otherwise.

The problem is, by then I will be completely immersed in my doctoral studies and probably too busy to do interviews, which would likely involve a few questions about my reaction to the failure of Yearling's Bobtail and our rejection by various record labels. Luckily, these past few weeks I've been brainstorming ideas for our Kickstarter campaign, and in so doing, I've revisited many of those old issues that I'd long since stored away for the benefit of my emotional recovery.

So I'm going to post some of them here on this blog now, for anyone in the future who might be curious enough to ask. I'll try my best to stay civil and gracious, but unfortunately, some of these thoughts probably don't lend themselves well to such an attitude. If this should ever be the case, please keep in mind that I'm simply spouting whatever was in my head several years ago, and that I've grown quite a bit since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment